We have a video tutorial:
Even though the video demonstration uses A1 Website Analyzer
some of it is also applicable for users of A1 Website Search Engine
You need to scan your website
you can view all the URLs found in the website!
If you experience website crawl problems, e.g. get fewer than expected found URLs during website scan, see our article about
solving website crawling problems
If you are interested in viewing how pages interlink, A1 Website Search Engine
gives you complete access to view
linked to by
, redirected to by
, used by
and lots of other related data.
This is useful for finding broken links that give e.g.
response code 404 Not Found
response code 301 Moved Permanently
You can switch between the information shown in Extended data
using the tabs at the bottom.
start search paths
themselves give an error response, please remember
that these paths were supplied
to the website search engine program in its project settings. Therefore it may be that there are no broken links or similar pointing to these URLs.
Note: A1 Website Analyzer
can also show the line numbers and follow/nofollow information of internal links.
What A1 Website Search Engine
interpretes as links
increases with options like:
- Website scan | Crawler options | Search all link tag types.
- Website scan | Crawler options | Consider <iframe> tags for links.
Explanations of what the different tabs under Extended data
- Links [internal]: Links from the selected URL to other URLs on the same domain.
- Links [external]: Links from the selected URL to other URLs on another domain.
- Linked by: From where the selected URL is linked internally.
- Uses [internal]: Resources (e.g. images) on the same domain the selected URL uses.
- Uses [external]: Resources (e.g. images) from another domain the selected URL uses.
- Used by: From where the selected URL (e.g. an image) is used internally.
- Redirected by: Which internal URLs redirects to the selected URL.
- Directory summary: Overview of the types of URLs located under the selected URL.
You can change how you view URLs found in during the website scan. Switch between
This is especially useful when sorting URLs based on
HTTP response code
to find all broken links. You can sort the URLs listed by clicking any of the data columns, e.g. R.Code
which is short for response code
Broken links can often be found by looking for URLs that return response code
404 : Not Found
301 : Moved Permanently
Just check their
You should also be aware how
nofollow, noindex and robots.txt
can affect website crawling.
If you want A1 Website Search Engine to show all URLs found including those marked noindex
, you can do so through options:
- For website scan results: Uncheck: Scan website | Webmaster filters | After website scan stops: Remove URLs with noindex/disallow.
You can always quickly select and view summary information for directories in a website:
Some websites generate different HTML code and links at random or
based on e.g.
- Crawler/browser user agent. (Change in General options and tools | Internet crawler).
- Session cookies. (Change in Scan website | Crawler options | Allow cookies).
- Session URLs. (Often used by websites if session cookies are not accepted.)
- Last viewed page.
way to prove
this being the cause is by using
A1 Website Download
Since all pages are downloaded to disk during crawl,
it is possible to inspect the HTML source code of them afterwards.
If you decide to use this program, make sure to enable option
Scan website > Data collection > Store redirects, links from and to all pages etc.
and possibly also configure Download options
, so it does not convert the links for offline browsing.
If you have enabled any of the extended link search options, you may also sometimes have uses
that are hard to spot. Some examples:
Option: Website scan | Crawler options | Search all link tag types
<param name="movie" value="">
Our website search engine tool calculates scores for all pages based on internal linking in website.
You can read more
about the page importance calculations in the online help of our sibling tool A1 Website Analyzer