Before doing anything else, you need the FTP information provided by your website host.
If you do not have it, ask your webhost.
Make sure you have the correct information and test it works
in FTP client software such as e.g.
FileZilla which is a free FTP client tool.
It can often be a good idea to clone settings from a FTP client program where you can login and transfer files successfully successfully.
You can FTP upload all files created by our technical SEO software from within the built-in FTP client.
Files FTP uploaded usually includes all generated and dependent files.
The FTP configuration options in our technical SEO program is similar to that of most FTP client tools.
When setting the FTP upload directory path, remember following things:
Most website hosts have the files viewablee from the outside (as seen by a webbrowser)
placed in a subdirectory compared to where FTP software logs in.
FTP upload directory path examples that assume the domain visible to the outside is http://example.com/:
- Normal domains: /htdocs/, /public/, /public_html/, /html/ or similar.
- Addon domains: /html/example.com/, /public/example.com/ etc.
- If unsure what your FTP upload directory path should be:
- Find the directory where your index file, e.g. index.html or index.php, for the given domain is located.
- Ask your webhost administrator or support team.
- FTP login trouble shooting:
- Try enable/disable passive FTP connection mode. This can solve some FTP firewall problems.
- Did you save the project file at another computer? Enter your password again.
- Login username and password are most likely case sensitive.
- Make sure the FTP Port number is correct.
To start FTP upload click button:
You can view the FTP upload progress as it happens.
that at present:
- FTPS (FTP/SSL/TLS) support is available if following the steps below.
- SFTP (SSH FTP) support is not available.
To configure FTPS you first need to
- Set Upload files| FTP options | Protocol to ftps:// or ftpes://.
- Configure Upload files| FTP options | Port.
- Configure Upload files| FTP options | Connection mode.
Download compatible version of OpenSSL or LibreSSL and set path in General options and tools | Tool paths: