File Write, File Open and File Access Errors
If user file access rights is restricted in your Windows installation, you will need to install our sitemap generator program correctly.
In recent versions of most operating systems, limited user accounts with restricted file access have begun being common:
- Windows XP:
- Includes limited user accounts. Limited user accounts have restricted file and access rights.
- Windows Vista:
- Even admin user accounts default to restricted file write access.
With certain sitemap generator program installations this can cause errors such as:
- EIniFileException: Unable to write to
- EFCreateError: Cannot create file
Most file write errors occur when programs try to create or write files outside the user documents directory
of the logged in user
See further below in topic "How You Installed A1 Sitemap Generator Can Affect File Writes"
for more details.
If the file causing problems is open in another program instance, text editor or similar this can give errors such as:
- EFOpenError: Cannot open file
If the problem persist consider trying restart the computer.
If still unsolved consider if the problem relates to topic "Some Anti Virus Products Lock Files and Folders"
Some anti virus products even read and write protect
user document folders in Windows. Here is a list of know problems and solutions:
the requested operation cannot be performed on file with a user-mapped section open
Any of following solutions:
- Do not have Windows Explorer opened in the directory you save to.
Change AVG configuration:
- Open AVG.
- Configure Resident Shield.
- Choose Manage exceptions.
- In Resident Shield Directory Excludes use Add Path and select the directory you save files to.
With fresh installs of A1 Sitemap Generator
should automatically default to have all configuration, project files and more stored in
user specific directories defined by the operating system where files can be read and written to.
- Find the file muc.ini where you installed our software.
- Open the file it in a text editor such as Notepad.
- The content should look like this:
Be sure to check our installation help
if in doubt - in particular if any of the following conditions apply:
- You have upgraded your Windows version.
- Your muc.ini file looks different than the above.
- You have moved an old installation of A1 Sitemap Generator to a new location.