Why Have a Website Search EngineAdding a website search solution to your website will help visitors find what they are searching for on your website. This is in particular useful if the website vistor entered your website through a page not containing what they needed. Having a search engine will help you increase conversions and website functionality, both things important if you sell goods or services online.
Our solution will crawl your website (offline or online) and collect all the necessary data. When the crawl has finished, the search engine (including index and data files) can be built in a variey of formats compatible with most websites and webservers.
Data collected and used to determine relevancy for search queries include:
- All text content in all pages are analyzed giving different weight to titles, headers etc.
- Internal website link text anchors are stored and analyzed.
- Internal website linking structure is used to calculate importance of all pages and anchors.
- Data like word count, shortest click distance from root and similar.
After you download the software, you can check the tutorial to get started.
3 Easy Steps and You Have a Working Site Search Solution
- Have the crawler engine in our software scan and index your entire website.
- Choose which search index and search code solution you want to have created:
- Depending on settings, searching can be instantanous. No page reloads!
- Works on offline media such as browsing websites on CDs and USB sticks.
- Searching is fast with only a minimum of data transferred. (No full page reloads.)
- Best for sites with less than 10000 pages. (PHP reads the data file on-server and returns the relevant parts using AJAX.)
- Works on even old server and PHP installations.
Common for all solutions are that:
- The page showing search results supports GET parameters. This means that you can add a search box to all your website pages.
- FTP upload the new files containing the search engine index and code.