XML Sitemap Validator and Google Sitemap Validation
Some people wish to validate their generated XML sitemaps using XML sitemap validator services.
You can ensure
includes the XML necessary for validating sitemaps by enabling option:
- Create sitemap
- XML sitemap options
- XML sitemap file options
- Add XML necessary for validation of generated sitemap file(s)
Notice that enabling above option is only
necessary if you wish to validate your XML sitemaps.
You can validate XML sitemaps using the W3C XML validator
. (Just enter the location of your XML sitemap file into the text box.)
info: Certain online XML sitemap validators just wrap above W3C service. Either by:
- Using an iframe.
- By forwarding the request to them. (Followed by grabbing and showing the result.)
If you want alternatives, you can also try http://www.validome.org/xml/validate/
Things to check and make sure if Google
complains when submitting the XML sitemap file:
- Google does not accept submitting e.g. HTML sitemaps in Google Search Console.
- Submit the sitemap as the correct type. The sitemap type you submit has to match the sitemap option selected.
- Some people have reported it helps delete the submitted sitemap, wait a day and then submit the XML sitemap file to Google a second time making sure everything is correct.