SEO Strategies from Local Link Catalogs
Link directories and link catalogs have a hard time ranking - meaning it is an excellent SEO experiment for building a quality website.
You often hear how link and article directories are dead, and by and large this is true for general link directory websites with the exception of dmoz.org
and a few others. For a historic overview and opinions, you can check these articles from websites that regularly write about search engine optimization and the industry:
While it is clear that most kinds of websites that primarily function as link catalogs are going downhill, the matter is not completely decided on niche websites that also have strong authority content
of which a part
is a selective link catalog of vendors and/or service providers. This is why we are currently testing out the concept with a Danish website nemvinduespudsning.dk
- it features the following characteristics that differentiates is from other websites of its kind:
- Articles on do it yourself window washing and equipment.
- A local catalog of window washers in Denmark organized by city.
- All articles and listings are intertwined with local references and information. The city pages contain local information with regards to window washing as well as local listings of service providers.
- All submissions are manually reviewed, so only websites from real service providers are accepted.
Having such a website is also a great way for web developers and search marketers to start interaction with a wide range of business owners.