Move, Import and Export Time Sheets
Move Time Sheets to Another Project
- If your current project is located at "c:\timesage\projects\myproject.tsp", you can normally find the project files located in "c:\timesage\projects\myproject\". (If placed elsewhere, check "Tools | Project Options | Project".)
- The time sheet files have .gtx as their file extension. (For the curious, these files are actually saved as XML.)
- These files should now be moved into a project directory, e.g. "c:\timesage\projects\receiver-project\".
- Afterwards, close existing, if any, project in TimeSage and load "c:\timesage\projects\receiver-project.tsp".
- The files are now available in the menu "View | Time Sheets".
Import and Export Time Sheets in .CSV File Format
- About .csv files:
- CSV stands for "comma separated files". File extensions are .csv and .txt.
- CSV files are often use to exchange data between similar but different programs.
- CSV files stores data in text lines where each line, a.k.a. record or row, has multiple fields, a.k.a. columns.
- CSV typically uses either comma or semicolon to separate fields data.
- To import and export use "File | Import file" and "File | Export file as".
- How to control which fields in time sheets are imported and exported:
- Invisible columns are ignored when writing and reading fields.
- Column ordering controls the order in which fields are written and read.
- Control visibility and indices of columns in "Tools | Project Options | Sheets and columns".
- When often doing import and export of time sheets:
- You can have multiple projects point to the same project directory:
- The project directory is where all project time sheets are stored.
- Set this option from: "Tools | Project Options | Project".
- You can create projects to handle time sheets csv import and export.
- Import and export of time sheets example:
- Your main project file: "c:\time-sheets\example.tsp".
- Your import project file: "c:\time-sheets\example-import.tsp".
- Your export project file: "c:\time-sheets\example-export.tsp".
- Your common project directory: "c:\time-sheets\example\".