Newsletter #4: Short Synopsis on 2013 Google Updates
December 6, 2012 - This has been a tough year for many website owners. With the various Google search algorithm updates, in particluar Panda, Penguin and EMD, many webmasters have seen their sites plunge in rankings.
It has been a long time since our last newsletter in April. Since then, 2012 has been a tough year for many website owners. With the various Google search algorithm updates, in particluar Panda, Penguin and EMD, many webmasters have seen their sites plunge in rankings.
We hereby wish all out customers happy holidays and a more prosperous 2013 than 2012.
Many people have spent the better part of their time thinking about what to do about Penguin and Panda. While there is quite a bit of guesswork involved, here is a list of our suggestions:
- Avoid duplicate content and URLs. (A1 Website Analyzer can help with duplicated titles, headers etc.)
- Avoid automated and spammy backlinks.
- Use varied or branded URL anchors in backlinks.
- Brand your own person as an expert. (Author markup, Google+, guest posts etc.)
- Brand your company. (Publisher markup, Google+, press releases and similar.)
Of course there is much more to it, but following above guidelines, you should be well on your way to avoid future dives and penalties when search and ranking algorithms are updated.
We have updated and branded our webmaster and website forum http://WebHelpForums.Net
- be sure to ask any questions you have regarding web development, search engine optimization and related topics. The forum also doubles as our official support forum for all our products and services including e.g. A1 Sitemap Generator
, A1 Website Analyzer
and A1 Keyword Research
The continued development of the 4.x branch of all our 6 A1 sibling website/webmaster tools have gone on through all 2012. If it has been some time since you last checked our tools, now will be a particular good time. Not only has there been a lot of feature additions, improvements and fixes, we have also included a special December holidays discount coupon code in this newsletter!
The coupon code is... Sign up
and have us resend it
- Works for all new purchases (not upgrades which usually are free or 50% discounted)
- Works for all our tools we sell online (which range from website to desktop tools)
- Works in addition to cross-sell discounts (incase you buy multiple tools)
If you like our tools, please let other people know! Our software and website pages include a small "Like and share
" link which will take you to a page where you can recommend our product(s) to other people in your social circles. You can also follow both Microsys, WebHelpForums and people at Microsys at various social networks like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.